Table of Contents
What is CC-CEDICT?
CC-CEDICT is a continuation of the CEDICT project. The objective of the CEDICT project was to create an online, downloadable (as opposed to searchable-only) public-domain Chinese-English dictionary. CEDICT was started by Paul Andrew Denisowski in October 1997. For the most part, the project is modeled on Jim Breen's highly successful EDICT (Japanese-English dictionary) project and is intended to be a collaborative effort, with users providing entries and corrections to the main file.
CC-CEDICT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License (click the link for detailed information).
Where to go from here?
- CC-CEDICT format - information about the current CC-CEDICT format
- Improving CC-CEDICT - information on how CC-CEDICT's content can be improved
- New ideas - ideas on how the CC-CEDICT format can be improved
- CC-CEDICT Editor - submit new entries
- Download CC-CEDICT - download the latest version of CC-CEDICT
- MDBG Chinese-English dictionary - Online dictionary website based on CC-CEDICT
Want to give input?
The sub section pages are editable for logged-in users. You can register an account using the “register” link in the login page. Accounts are used to prevent Wikispam and to put a name with your edits.
Thanks go out to everyone who submitted new words or corrections. Special thanks go out to the CC-CEDICT editor team, who spend many hours doing research to maintain a high quality level:
- goldyn_chyld - Matic Kavcic
- richwarm - Richard Warmington
- vermillion - Julien Baley
- ycandau - Yves Candau
- and the editors who wish to remain anonymous
Special thanks to:
- Craig Brelsford, for his extensive list of bird names
- Erik Peterson, for his work as the editor of CEDICT
- Paul Andrew Denisowski, the original creator of CEDICT